Essential oils are a mandate for a healthy life. If Essential oils and herbal oils are still a fancy terms for you then we have got you covered. So, what is essential oil? Essential oils are a type of oil compound extracted from plants and have natural smells and the essence of their source. They are used as fragrances, body washes, and base ingredients in the production of cosmetics and other products. Essential oils can also be used to help with stress relief and relaxation.
How do essential oils work?
Essential oils are commonly used in the practice of aromatherapy, in which they are inhaled by a variety of methods. Owing to the plethora of benefits it offers, aroma oil has gained a lot of popularity of late. Essential oils are not for consumption.
Numerous health conditions, ranging from anxiety and depression to hormonal imbalance, digestive discomfort, sleep disorders, and even autoimmune disease, can be naturally treated with essential oils.
The limbic system plays a role in regulating many unconscious bodily functions such as breathing, heart rate, and blood pressure. Therefore, some argue that essential oils can have physical effects on our bodies. Inhaling perfume from essential oils stimulates parts of the limbic system and the parts of the brain involved in emotions, behaviors, smells, and long-term memory.
Health benefits of essential oils
If you are still wondering, why should you invest in natural oils then scroll down below:
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety
It is estimated that 43% of people who have stress and anxiety use some form of alternative therapy to relieve their symptoms. Regarding aromatherapy, the initial studies are very positive. Many people advise that the aroma of some essential oils can be mixed with traditional remedies to treat anxiety and depression.
- Helps with Sleep Disorders and Insomnia
The smell of lavender oil improves women’s sleep quality after childbirth and has been found in patients with heart disease. Aroma diffusers are known for their proven benefits to help insomniacs.
- Reduces Inflammation and Nausea
Essential oils are recommended to help fight inflammatory conditions. Some test-tube studies reveal that they have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Relieves Headaches and Boost Mood
The Essential oil helps to improve mood and Relieve pain from frequently occurring Headaches and Migraines.
What are common types of essential oils and their uses?
- Bergamot oil: Healing the skin and reducing anxiety
- Chamomile oil: wound healing, Soothes body aches, Treats colds, sore throat
- Clove oil: Toothache and pain reliever
- Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus oils act as a decongestant
- Frankincense oil: Mood enhancer and stress reliever
- Lavender oil: lavender oils are popular for their calming properties.
- Lemon oil: A natural household cleaner and disinfectant
- Oregano oil: Known for antimicrobial activity, as well as their antiviral and antifungal properties
- Tea Tree oil: antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-oxidant
- Peppermint oil: peppermint oil is best utilized to prevent flu and helps in boosting energy
Ylang Ylang oil: Reduces anxiety, Reduces blood pressure, Combats fungal infection, and reduces depression.
Are Essential Oils Safe?
In many parts of the world, essential oils are safe if used properly. Poor-quality oils are also safe to use, although they may be less effective.
- If you are using essential oils, take them only under the direct supervision of your doctor or a certified aromatherapist.
- Be careful when using essential oils around children, as many oils are not considered safe for children under 5 years of age. Some oils can cause physical and respiratory problems in the developing body.
- Never apply oils to animals and always ask the veterinarian before using essential oils around the pet.
- Talk to a certified aromatherapist to identify the oils that help you and determine their safety and side effects.
- For topical use of the oil, first mix a few drops in the barrier substance (such as coconut oil), apply on small areas, and observe and test the skin reactions. Some essential oils, such as bergamot, can cause skin hypersensitivity to direct sunlight. Be aware of the possible side effects.
Thus, care of your health with the touch of nature with the help of essential oils. Utilize essential oils in the correct manner and see the mesmerizing health benefits. The power of essential oil is such that it makes you feel fantastic in every way, reduces inflammation, elevates mood, and prevents autoimmune disease. One of the best books written to guide you on aromatherapy best practices is “The Healing Power of Essential Oils” by public health researcher and aromatherapist Eric Zielinski, DC. Whether you’re new to using essential oils or prepared for more advanced techniques, this book includes recipes and formulations for all of these health needs and more. It is supported by extensive research and an evidence-based approach that enables you to take control of your health.[Cautionary note: In all of the above cases please consult a practicing specialist & get checked before taking any medicines.]
Disclaimer: This article is only written for informational purposes only. Users must not view the content as medical advice in any way. Users are also required to ’NOT SELF-MEDICATE’ and always consult a practicing specialist before taking any medicines or undergoing any treatment. DivyaAyushCare and the author will not be responsible for any act or omission by the User arising from the User’s interpretation of the content.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Our reviews are not affected by participation in such programs.