A cough is usually caused when the body has reflex action to clear blocked breathing airways. A dry cough is a cough without phlegm or mucus which is usually caused by bacterial organisms or other micro-organisms. A dry cough is caused commonly by viral infections like the common cold and flu. It sometimes occurs in continuous spasms, making the person restless and causing anxious feelings. Sometimes it is also caused by over-exertion and stress or acid reflux. Dry cough can be very annoying, but homeopathy offers a variety of remedies for dry cough and chest congestion as well.
Homeopathic cough remedy is effective most of the time. Homeopathy uses medicines derived from natural sources making them safe for you to use without the worry of side effects.
Homeopathic remedy for dry cough:
Homeopathy medicine is prescribed according to the person and symptoms. There are different remedies for different situations and symptoms of cough. Here is a list of homeopathic cough remedies:
- Drosera Rotundfolia: When you have a dry cough accompanied by intense fatigue, a tickling sensation in the larynx, scraping sensation in the throat and chest. Sometimes symptoms also include vomiting. This type of cough worsens because of talking or laughing. When you have this type of cough, drosera rotundfolia is prescribed. This is also prescribed for cough caused by asthma.
- Antimonium Tart: This is prescribed when you have a rattling cough or a cough that persists throughout the day. The symptoms also include difficulty in breathing, a burning sensation in the chest or chest pain. Sometimes the cough also worsens after every meal.
- Conium Maculatum: This is prescribed when the cough only persists through the night. Lying down usually worsens the cough causing restless nights. Other symptoms include tickling sensation in the throat and the headache that may arise due to constant coughing.
- Spongia Tosta: Symptoms for a prescription for this treatment includes dry air passages or dry, hacking, barking type of cough. Symptoms also include chills, shortness of breath, and labored respiration. Usually, warm drinks offer relief.
- Corallium Rubrum: This homeopathic remedy for cough is prescribed when cough occurs postnasal dripping. The coughs occur in quick, short attacks. It also causes extreme exhaustion and tiredness.
- Millifolium- This is prescribed in case of bloody sputa or in any lung disease. Symptoms include shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing and oppressed feeling in the chest.
Read More: Homeopathic Remedies for Leg Cramps
Homeopathic remedy for cough with phlegm:
Unlike dry cough, cough caused by infections and causes phlegm in the chest is treated with the following:
- Ipecac: Homeopathic remedy for cough with phlegm. Symptoms are loose rattling cough, suffocative spells, nausea and vomiting.
- Natrum Mur: Prescribed when a cough with white phlegm, sputa may be salty. Cough causing tears from the eyes, headache of bursting nature and shortness of breath. It also causes a sore bruised feeling in the chest. Urination during cough is also a symptom.
- Kali Suplh and Pulsatillia Nigricans: Prescribed when a cough with yellow and green phlegm. Mucus and wheezing in the chest. It gets aggravated in small spaces and relieved in the open air.
- Phosphorous and Hepar Sulphur: Treatment for cough in bronchitis, causes chest tightness, oppression of the chest, and sharp pain in the chest.
- Arsenicum Album: Treatment for shortness of breath, wheezing or whistling in chest. Also used when you suffer suffocative attacks during sleep.
- Byronia alba: Homeopathic remedy for cough in pneumonia- dry, hard cough.
- Sambucus nigra: Used to treat cough in children prevalent during the night.
- Senega- Treatment of cough in the elderly. Symptoms include soreness and an oppressed sensation in the chest.
- Cina and coccus cacti- Treatment for coughing so intense that it brings tears to the eyes and ends in vomiting.
- Nux vomica- Homeopathic remedy for cough with acidity. Used when cough causes difficulty in breathing, accompanied by the accumulation of gas in the abdomen, nausea, vomiting and fullness.
- Aconite: Treatment for early stages of cold and cough caused due to exposure to cold weather.
Homeopathic remedies for coughs offer a holistic approach to healing by using natural sources to treat the cause of the problem. Homeopathy remedies for chest congestion and dry cough homeopathic remedies have no side effects and treat dry cough or chest congestion.[Cautionary note: In all of the above cases please consult a practicing specialist & get checked before taking any medicines.]
Disclaimer: This article is only written for informational purposes only. Users must not view the content as medical advice in any way. Users are also required to ’NOT SELF MEDICATE’ and always consult a practicing specialist before taking any medicines or undergoing any treatment. DivyaAyushCare and the author will not be responsible for any act or omission by the User arising from the User’s interpretation of the content.